License for Freebies
All resources available on YokaDesign.com/Freebies are royalty free for use in both personal and commercial projects.
You are permitted to use the resources in any personal or commercial projects for you or your client. You may modify the resources and include them into websites, applications and printed materials. No attribution or link back to this site is required, though any credit is greatly appreciated. Feel free to promote my resources on your site, but you must link back to the resource page where users can find the download and not directly to the download file.
- You do not have the right to resell, sublicense or redistribute the resources on their own or as a separate attachment from any of your work. You may not give these files away for free.
- You do not have the rights to use any resources as part of a greater artwork offered for free digitally (another form of redistribution).
Licenses for Digital Products
Standard License Rights
The purchase of this license grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use, modify and reproduce the product worldwide, in perpetuity. The Standard License grants you ongoing permission to use the Item to create end products that are not intended to be sold. For the purposes of this Standard License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge.
The Standard License allows you:
- To use the Item to create one single end product (personal or commercial) for yourself or for one client, as long as the end product (not the purchased item) will be distributed for free.
- To use installable products in multiple end products (as an exception to the single end product rule), as long as such products are only installed on a single computer. Examples of installable items include layer styles, patterns, brushes, textures, fonts, etc.
- You may modify or manipulate the Item, or incorporate it into other content and make a derivative work from it.
- You may use the Item in a new end product so long as it is not used alone, but instead as elements or parts of a new design (regardless of how much the item has been modified or how much of the new design it makes up).
- You may not sublicense, resell, share, transfer, or otherwise redistribute the Item on its own (e.g. as stock, in a tool or template, with source files, and/or not incorporated into an end product) under any circumstances, not even for free.
- You may not sell the end product, or sell access to the end product. This does not prevent you from charging a single client for your services to create the end product, in which case the client will be bound by the terms of this license, preventing them from selling the end product. If you or your client wants to sell the end product, you or they must purchase an Extended License.
- You may not make the Item available on a digital asset management system, shared drive, or the like for the purposes of sharing or transferring the Item, and you must not permit an end user of the end product to extract the Item and use it separately from the end product.
- You may not publicly display the Item: (a) as a standalone file in any digital format on the internet; or (b) in any digital format without imposing technical or written restrictions to prevent the unauthorized use of the Item by third parties. You agree to take all commercially reasonable steps to prevent third parties from accessing and/or duplicating the Item.
- You may not register as a trademark the Item or the end product incorporating the Item – not even logos. If you use the Item to create a logo for yourself or a client, keep in mind that third parties can use the Item too, even in another logo.
- You may not falsely represent, expressly or by way of reasonable implication, that any Item was created by you or a person other than Yoka Design (the copyright holder) of that Item.
Extended License Rights
The purchase of this license grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable right to use, modify and reproduce the product worldwide, in perpetuity. An Extended License certificate comes with every Extended License purchase. The Extended License grants you ongoing permission to use the Item to create end products that are intended to be sold. For the purposes of this Extended License, ‘sold’ means you plan to sell, license, sub-license or distribute the end product for any type of fee or charge.
The Extended License allows you to use Items in any manner permitted under the Standard License, and you may also use Items to create end products that are intended to be sold.
- You do not have the rights to resell the product as if it were your own
- You do not have the rights to distribute the product with client proofs, or in unflattened files
- You do not have the rights to share the product with clients or other designers (they must purchase their own extended or standard license)
- You do not have the rights to offer the product in a giveaway or promotion.